Saturday, 3 November 2012
Poster Mockup
This is the mock-up of the poster I have created, after looking through a variety of film posters for a variety of movie genre's I have come across a similarity or several similarities these are the features they each had a masthead, billing block (cast list and production company), strap line, production company logo and finally a age certificate. Therefore if I was going to be conventional about this I would apply them also - guess what I did.
Firstly the masthead I will use is still to be created however I know that I will apply it to this poster the magazine and the trailer creating a house style for the whole marketing process. I feel it is important to keep to the same font throughout as it will be important to the film success as if the font changes the audience will not know what to compare the movie to.
Next I will talk about the use of the billing block, this is where all the cast or at least the majority of roles will be and also the production company is located. It is important for a movie to use this feature as it is a form of advertisement because people could watch the film if there is a recognizable company pushing the movie or also a actors fan base may watch the movie. However I also noticed a standard to the billing block as all posters seemed to use the same condensed text.
The strap-line - I have made the decision to use one of these on my poster as I feel that if I use social networking sites to also push the success f the film it would work in my faviour as my audience use many social networking sites as it is "mainstream".
The production company logo's relate to the billing block also another form of advertising.
Finally I will be using a certificate on the poster which is used to persuade the audience about how old they have to be to see the film. This is not a advertising feature as such however it is necessary to have.
The image I will reflect horror as I hope/plan to use an low angle shot to make the character come across as dominating and threatening and the character will be dressed in costume.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment