Saturday, 3 November 2012
Magazine Mockup
This is the magazine mock-up I have created for the part of the marketing process for Forrest Massacre. The Incentive will be stretched across the top of the magazine this is done throughout magazine covers as it is part of a house-style. The incentive will say something like "Free Forrest Massacre Poster Inside". This is important as its in the word it incenses people to read the magazine. The next feature I will talk about is the Masthead.
The Masthead other known as the magazine title (Elite Films) will be is big red letters standing out to everything else on the magazine including the film title, It will be placed at the the top of the magazine just below the magazines incentive this position would not move whatever edition of the magazine it is due to it being house-style, I know this from the research I have done on the past for magazine front covers of movies.
Next on the magazine cover will be the splash headline other known as the movies title "Forrest Massacre" this will be in the same font seen in thee poster and also the trailer as I am attempting to keep a house style to the marketing process for Forrest Massacre.
This will then be followed by a strap line also known as the films motto "WELCOME TO THE WOODS" this will be used throughout the marketing process also as it will become a way for the audience to recognize the movie.
Another feature used on all magazine front covers is a bar code this is just a standard item to have on magazine they all do it however some have the bar code on the back of the magazine but I am only tasked with crating the front cover.
Finally the last item on my magazine is the use of pugs - these are just very small items of text that will be related to the contents of the magazine for example I will have to mention other movies such as I will use a subheading saving PLUS which will be followed with a list of other stuff in the magazine for example Taken 2 exclusive.
The final part of the magazine front cover which could be seen as the most important part which changes from edition to edition is the photo. I hope to get an image that is a mid shot as the magazines I have seen in the past are medium shots as they seem more personal about the character rather than the film in general.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment