Saturday, 8 December 2012

Magazine Front Cover


This is the magazine cover I have created for the marketing process of Forrest Massacre. I have used many features in the creation of this magazine, these features are; the masthead (ELITE FILMS), Incentives, Splash headline, strap-line, pugs and a bar code. Firstly I will talk about the use of the masthead. The masthead of my magazine is like many other magazines however I added my own concepts to it, this is because as like many magazine they have there masthead at the  top of the  page standing out from the rest of the magazine (i.e. through larger text and specific font) I have followed these rules however I have also made the style my own so that therefore it would be recognized by my audience as Elite Films text. The next feature I will talk about is the use of Incentives.
I have used an incentive at the top of my magazine cover it says "FREE POSTER INSIDE WITH YOUR COPY OF THIS MONTHS EDITION" this poster would be the poster that I have made for the marketing process of Forrest Massacre. Many magazines use incentives as they do what the say really they incent people to purchase the magazine as its like buy one get one free.
The next feature I will talk about is the splash headline other known as the films movie title "Forrest Massacre", this relates to the poster and the trailer as this will carry on throughout to create a house-style. As you will know I created this title whilst creating the poster using Photoshop. Its important to use a splash headline as it tells the reader exactly what the main feature of that edition of magazine is. The positioning is also important the splash headline should not interfere with the masthead as the masthead should be most significant item on the page. However the splash headline comes close as it would generally be the second biggest item of text - matching to the image as it would generally be related to it.
I have also used a strap-line this is the same strap-line that is seen in the poster and the trailer "WELCOME  TO THE WOODS" I have used this as it is now  becoming the house style of this movie and therefore the audience will be able to remember this phrase. I know that this is important to have in my magazine front cover as it is used in the ones I have seen in the previous weeks and months that I have studied.
I have also made it possible to use pugs in my magazine front cover as these stand out from the magazine and draw the attention of the reader.
I have also used a  bar-code which is essential every magazine uses one whether it be on the front cover or the back of the magazine. 

Finally the image; The image I have selected is a medium shot this is because all the magazines or the majority of the magazines used medium shots/close ups of lead roles as this created a more personal image. I have used Photoshop to create this image I have adjusted the contrast etc to make the image appear darker. I have made the image darker to make it more realistic to the idea of the movie "Horror" therefore I feel this is an important change.


No comments:

Post a Comment