Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Investigating the Genres

In order to find the correct genre that I can make a successful trailer for I have done some research looking at different trailers on the web. By the end I hope too of picked a genre that I will be satisfied with along with my co-workers.

Zombieland trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=071KqJu7WVo
This seem more like a spoof taking a real situation and putting a twist to it to make it more entertaining and bringing a comedy factor to it.

The Walking Dead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1v0uFms68U
This trailer has certain scenes for example the basic ident at the beginning, it also has a scene i like where the zombies fingers are appearing through the crack in the door. There are also long shots used of deserted public areas e.g. major road. It also uses camera angles such as close upon the zombies faces to show clearly the horror in the series realting back to the theme making it a connotation. However this is a series but some parts could be encorparated into a film trailer.


Bourne Legacy trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/user/universalpicturesuk?v=yZ0QG8BNRTE
This shows the use of the ident, it also shows the use of fast pace scene that if i was to go down the action genre alley then this is what would need to be encorparated. I also like the music used with the dramatic build ups etc.However i think that this genre can only be completed successfully using that high budget equipment due to the danger risk for those acting in it.

Black Hawk Down trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnV6wM-vd9s
If i was to go down the path of an action genre trailer I would definelty use this to develop ideas. This is because i like its use of camera angles and the cuts used for example the use of the jump cut to signify the fact its an action genre movie therefore its fast paced. I also like the sort of costumes used and the colours used linking to the conventions of a typical army film.

The Roommate trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mUDIohiK2I
The roomate is a thriller based genre. I found that this trailer reveals its self as like a movie would in chronological order as you see the scene is set and then it shows the problem. Once the trailer develops (1 minute in) the film codes and conventions and the lighting becomes dark with key lighting coming from gaps in doorways etc there was know natural lighting used - typical of a thriller.

Sinister trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGjQ7Pwz0dw
Sinister is a horror movie/trailer that is coming out soon just judging by this advert i can see that its quality, i like the jump cuts used and the dark lighting used. I also like the camera angels used for example extreme close ups on important significant items. For this reason my decision to create a horror is swaying this way.


127 Hours:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlhLOWTnVoQ
Although this is not a genre I plan to use i like they way it focuses on key props or facial expressions this is done through the use of the extreme close ups i also like the soundtracks use relating to the situation along with the voice over of the main character.

I have not yet decided on a genre as it is not just me I have to decide this with my group so in a near future post I will identify the chosen genre of my group.





No comments:

Post a Comment